COAA hosted its Annual Business Meeting (ABM) on November 3 – virtually on MS Teams for the second year in a row – with approximately 120 members in attendance. The ABM was conducted in person throughout COAA’s history – often as part of the fall conference – but the change to virtual in 2020 out of necessity was adopted as the new norm given then-record attendance.
The purpose of the meeting, which is required per COAA’s bylaws, was to update the membership on the overall status and health of the Association. Presenters Allison Muth (President), Howie Ferguson (Executive Director), and Jill McKenzie (Manager of Membership & Sponsorship) addressed these specific topics before opening the floor to questions or comments:
- Strategic goals and the ways those goals are being pursued
- Membership trends & statistics and take-aways from a survey of COAA’s Owner members
- A recap of 2021 in terms of financial affairs, event attendance, and other happenings & initiatives
- Volunteers and the many ways in which COAA members engage and contribute to the overall mission
- Results of the recent Board of Directors election
- A brief summary of what’s envisioned to take place in 2022 and beyond
Members who were unable to attend can download the slide deck here.