Award for Excellence
COAA recognizes the importance of investing in the future of the industry and the value that younger members provide to the organization. Beginning in 2019, COAA will honor one Emerging Professional who demonstrates outstanding service and contribution to the COAA organization. In addition, this person possesses strong leadership skills, exemplifies The COAA Way, and serves as an ambassador for Owner participation and education. The winner will be announced at COAA's Fall Owners Leadership Conference, held annually in November. The award recipient will receive a complimentary conference registration to that fall conference.
Applications for the Emerging Professional Award for Excellence (EPAFE) may be submitted beginning June 15th. All submissions are due by 11:59 EST on August 17. Applications not received by this time will not be eligible for consideration and will need to resubmit the following year.
The EPAFE is open to any COAA Emerging Professional Member 35 years or younger in good standing through the process of applying and acceptance of the award.
A final consideration regarding the award will be made in August / September and will be presented for approval to COAA’s Selection Committee. Award recipients will be recognized during COAA’s annual fall conference. Winners will be notified by October 1, and the awards ceremony will occur during COAA Connect Fall Conference.
- Press release on COAA Website
- Article in Owners Perspective magazine
- Complimentary Fall conference attendance
- Certificate & recognition at Fall Conference during Awards Ceremony
- Emerging Professional Nominees must be either: An emerging owner, associate, or student COAA Member
- Age 35 or younger
- Show standout performance in ways that reflect The COAA Way (People, Best Practices, Culture)
- Award nominations may be submitted by a fellow COAA Member.
- Note: Self-Nominations are accepted.
- Note: Nominators are encouraged to notify nominees they have been selected for nomination and contact them to gain accurate information for the application submission.
Award Nominations must be submitted in the following manner:
- Completed Award Application Form
- A complete application includes two letters of recommendation.
- Our preference is for one of the recommendation letters to come from a COAA Member who knows you and your work well.
- Applications are due by August 17