The focus of this panel discussion with an owner, general contractor, and consulting engineer is to demonstrate the items described in the Abstract, as it relates to the expansion of Cook Children’s Medical Center in Fort Worth, TX.
1. How to focus a team on the owner’s goals, tie performance and incentives to achieving those goals
2. The work the team did to come together and perform
3. The use of BIM, Lean tools to enhance team interaction and avoid mistakes in the field
4. Other collaborative tools utilized on the project
5. Results achieved from the owner’s point of view
- Learn the fundamentals of Lean as applied to design, construction, and project management.
- Gain a basic understanding of Building Information Modeling (BIM), laser scanning, and other technology employed in today’s construction projects.
- Understand the importance of team integration and collaboration.
- Relate the above concepts – Lean, tech, and collaboration – to the achievement of Owner-established project goals.
Approved for 1 AIA LU
Eduardo L. Calderon
Eduardo is a Principal for SSR’s mechanical, electrical, and plumbing services in Texas. He is dedicated to putting in whatever time is necessary to ensure a successful project.