Microgrids & Renewable Energy Solutions: Considerations for Owners
* Registration open until 12/7/21 at 11:59 PM (EST)
A microgrid, which can serve a single facility or an entire campus, is a local energy grid (system) that can disconnect from and operate independently of the traditional grid. Microgrids – which may include traditional and/or renewable power generation, distributed or district utilities, combined heat & power (CHP) solutions, and energy storage – can provide enhanced resilience with reduced life cycle costs and greatly improved sustainability benefits … truly, a win-win-win scenario.
This webinar will provide Owners and other stakeholders with the basics on microgrids and renewable energy options, arming them with enough knowledge to have productive internal discussions and consider next steps. Those basics will include terminology, options, pros and cons, costs, timelines, and key decision points for energy projects.
This webinar as been approved for 1 AIA HSW CEU.
Amy Simpkins, CEO
Dr. Travis Simpkins, CTO
For More Information:
COAA Members - $49
COAA Non-members - $99
Attendees will able to
- Analyze the impacts renewable energy and microgrid technology can have on facilities and campuses in the areas of economics, resilience, and sustainability
- Identify the necessary steps in the energy project design and implementation process
- Assess main concepts and rules of thumb for renewable energy design considerations
- Distinguish key design decisions for Owners that ensure a successful energy project.